British and American food items spotted for sale in Munich area supermarkets during late March 2017.
As always, check the Introduction post to get caught up with some of the British and American food items that appear to be consistently available in the Munich area supermarkets. I’ll update this over time with anything else I find that seems to be generally available!
Of course your success may vary on finding these items, depending on the size and location of the supermarket you visit.
NEWS! At the start of the year, Tengelmann supermarkets were sold off. It’s been failing for a while and the company has been bought out by both Rewe and Edeka. In the north of Germany, you’ll find they mostly swap to being Rewe outlets but here in Bavaria, they’ll almost entirely be moving to Edeka. It’ll be a phased change but they’ll all move to their new brand before the end of the year. My local Tengelmann has already started changing its product line-up so I’d recommend you stock up on anything your local Tengelmann has that you enjoy! It’s probably not going to be around for much longer.
Hit | Hit.de
I recently visited the Rosenheimer Platz Hit supermarket. It’s underground and situated in the S-Bahn shopping centre area.
- HP Sauces – Spicy BBQ, Honey BBQ, Classic BBQ – €3.49
- Heinz Baked Beans – 4 Pack – €3.87
- Jack Daniels Sauces – Smokey Sweet Glaze, Hot Chilli, Full Flavor Smokey, Smooth Original – €3.89
- Goody Good Stuff – Cola Breeze, Summer Peaches – €1.89
- Nakd Bars – Strawberry Crunch, Cashew Cookie, Cocoa Crunch, Pecan Pie – €1.29
- Rebel Kitchen Mylk – Chai, Matcha Green Tea – €2.69 – €2.79
- Cadbury Dairy Milk – Fruit & Nut, Whole Nut, Original – €2.99
- Pepperidge Farm Cookies – Dark Chocolate Brownie, Dark Chocolate Pecan, White Chocolate Macadamia, Milk Chocolate Macadamia – €2.99
- Walkers Crisps, 6 Pack Multipack – Ready Salted, Cheese & Onion, Salt & Vinegar – €2.99
- Nature Valley Bars – Protein Salted Caramel Nut, Protein Peanut & Chocolate – €2.99
- Nature Valley Bars – Crunchy Oats & Honey – €1.99
- Tyrrel’s Crisps – Various – €1.99
- Kettle Chips – Various – €1.99
Edeka | Edeka.de
Spotted at the Unterföhring location.
- Gu – Various Flavours – €3.29
- Yorkshire Crisps – Sweet Chilli & Lime, Yorkshire Sauce, Tomato Basil & Mozzarella, Black Pepper – €2.79
Hope you’re having fun hunting for Home Comforts in Munich. If you spot anything you think you should be featured, drop me a message at email@example.com!