If you’re searching for British and American foodie bits near Munich, a deli in Schwabing might have what you’re looking for!
Founded in 1930 by Paul and Elsa Käfer, their company was a “colonial merchandise business with wine liqueurs and bottle beer” (source). Today Käfer (which is also the German word for ‘Beetle’) has a restaurant and bistro business, offers a variety of catering options and operates a range of deli markets.
Everything featured in this post comes from the Deli Market in Schwabing, very close to the Münchner Freiheit U-Bahn station. I’ve visited this shop once before and found many similar items to those listed in this post today. Hopefully that’s a good indication of consistent stock! They even sell some American and British bottled beer!
Where possible, I’ll give prices for the items pictured. All products listed in this post were available in store during early April 2017.
- The Invisible Chef – Pancake & Waffle Mix: Maple Oat, Lemon Blueberry
- Manomasa – Various Flavours – €2.90
- Pipers Crisps – Various Flavours – €2.90
- Wilkin & Sons Tiptree – Marmalade – €4.90
- Wilkin & Sons Tiptree – Ginger Conserve – €5.90
- Bloom’s Popcorn – Sweet Sesame or Crushed Peanut – €1.40
- The Grown Up Chocolate Company – Various Flavours – €2.80
- Taveners Wine Gums – €2.40
- Carr’s Melts Original Crackers
- Lizi’s Granola – Various Flavours – €6.90
- Tilda – Microwavable Rice – Various Flavours – €2.90
- Lea & Perrins – Worcestershire Sauce – €3.50
- Wilkin & Sons Tiptree – Cumberland Sauce – €5.90
- Stokes – Tomato Ketchup – €4.90
- Stokes – Barbeque Sauce Original, Barbeque Sauce Maple & Horseradish – €5.90
- Fentimans – Various Flavours; incl. Rose Lemonade, Victorian Lemonade, Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger, Wild English Elderflower, Ginger Beer – €2.50
- Trooper – British Beer from Robinsons Brewery – €4.30
- Fuller’s London Porter – €3.80
- Double Hop Monster IPA from Greene King – €2.90
- American Beer – Samuel Adams Boston Lager – €3.50
- American Beer – Big Wave Golden Ale and Longboard Island Lager – €3.50
Location | Käfer, Leopoldstraße 57, Munich
Opening Times | Monday – Saturday, 9am to 8pm
Find Out More | Website