It’s been a busy week for me and I’m quite sure lots of foodie happenings have flown by without my noticing. Time to grab a brew and hop through the bits ‘n’ bobs below and have a good ol’ Sunday catch up on the news, reviews and posts I’ve enjoyed this week.
Spot some glaring omission from the catch up below? Drop me a note in the comments and let me know what I’ve been missing out on!
- Nestlé are going to be reducing the sugar in some of their products. How do you feel about KitKat reformulation? | BBC News
- Coke is launching their Vanilla and Cherry flavours into the Zero sugar range! FINALLY! I don’t drink much by way of fizzy pop but when I do it has to be a diet version. I don’t like the furry sugar build up on my teeth I get from proper Coke… Too much information? Eh, well. I’m gonna be honest. I love the Vanilla and Cherry flavours as something a little bit different to my usual tipple – and I’ll be trying the Vanilla out as a mixer for my Sailor Jerry Rum. Hopefully Germany will pick the new products up quickly! | FoodBev
- Does Baileys Iced Coffee in a can sound like something you’d wanna try? I’m not really their target market (alcohol in a can really doesn’t do it for me) but I’d still be up for giving this a try! | Food Bev
- Peanut lover? I know some of you out there can’t get enough of the tasty little legume. How do you feel about these new products from Meridian? | FDIN
- Maltesers vs Whoppers – I’ve never had a bag of Whoppers from the USA before but I’ve always been a bit curious as to how our Maltesers compare. Now I have the answer! | The Impulsive Buy
- Chip Shop Curry Sauce Crisps – I’ve been missing Chip Shop style curry recently and this review for some gorgeous sounding Chip Shop Curry Sauce Crisps from McCoy’s is making me drool! I’d love to try some of these – McCoys is a reliable brand for thick, crunchy crisps that pack a huge flavour punch | Amy Seeks New Treats
- Instagram | KaffeeundKuchen has been posting some beautiful pictures of a visit to Rome and Pompeii – I’m loving the gorgeousness and little reminders of my absolute favourite holiday ever: Roman history, beautiful artifacts and ruins embedded into everyday life, the best pizza, gelato and coffee. Happy days. It’ll be a few years before I can go again but I can’t wait! |
- Recipe | I cannot wait to try this. I’m less enthusiastic about trying to get a nice piece of pork belly from my German butcher, but this recipe looks worth it. The Woks of Life have produced some of my favourite recipes to recreate at home. With gorgeous gorgeous food photography, wonderfully executed descriptions and some fabulous instructions I have every confidence whatever I try from them will be incredibly tasty. | Chinese Pulled Pork Burgers – Rou Jia Mo | @thewoksoflife
- Life in Germany Blog Post | New to Germany, settling into the workplace and finding things a little bit difficult? This great article from LiveWorkGermany should give you a few pointers. Number 10 on German efficiency being a myth struck a particular chord with me – it’s so true and so very unexpected! | A 12-Step Guide To Surviving German Work Culture
What’s on Next Week
Don’t forget, Saint Patrick’s Day falls on Friday 17th March.
- Winetasting | Enjoy magnificent Canadian wines from the region between Toronto and the Niagara Falls! | Winetasting | Pomeroy & Winterbottom Briennerstraße 55 | 17th March
- Hero Market | A fair to promote sustainable products and services and stimulate the debate about sustainability. Promoting a more sustainable way of life that is in harmony with the natural resources of the Earth, contributing to a change in consciousness among the population and showing that many initial steps are quite simple. | Heldenmarkt Munich | MVG Museum, Ständlerstraße 20 | €8 Entry | 18th & 19th March
- Birmingham – Cake International | The world renowned, much loved, and always anticipated Cake International – The Sugarcraft, Cake Decorating & Baking Show| Cake International | Birmingham NEC | From £12 | 17th – 19th March
- Manchester – The Makers Market | It’s the third weekend of the month so expect the Chorlton market on Saturday and Spinningfields all weekend. | The Makers Market | 18th & 19th March