Well then, you know the drill: Brew. Comfy seat. Catch up.
Products & News
- Gin Sales Raise More Tax Than Beer | Apparently Gin is the thing to be drinking nowadays. Whilst I’ll not say no to a lovely Sloe Gin, I can’t say I’ve ever been all that fanciful of the standard stuff. Can you recommend a favourite Gin based cocktail for this dark rum girl? | The Guardian
- Summer Mr Kipling | One of the most familiar British cake & bake brands is at it again, with a slew of new (and returning) Summer themed sweet treats to tempt shoppers. There’ll be Eton Mess Bakewell Tarts, Trifle Slices, Strawberry Cheesecake Swirls and Strawberry & Cream Fancies. Have you seen any yet? | Bakery Info
- Glow in the Dark Doughnuts | Alright people, things have gone too far now… | Bakery Info
- Absolut Vodka in a Can | I’m gonna let you in on a lesser known fact about me – I can’t drink vokda. There’s something about it that knocks me off my feet in no time at all and the hangover is insane. I only need a couple and I’ll wake up the morning after with pain in my bones. Yes, Ladies and Gents, vodka gives me a hangover in my bones. That being said, Cloudberry & Apple and Blueberry & Lime sound like very nice flavour additions to the pre-mixed category. | Convenience Store
- Hawaiian Pizza Inventor Dies | This is one controversial foodstuff! I happen to enjoy the combination of pineapple and ham on a pizza. I know it’s not authentic and – to be honest- if I’m in the mood for pineapple toppings, then I’m not interested in an authentic experience. Shout out in the comments if you’re for or against! | BBC News
- The Treat Collective | Something a little different here… It’s a subscription box filled with some tasty looking treats and a great sounding mission statement. Check out Amy’s overview and don’t forget to click through to The Treat Collective’s site and have a read of their ‘About’ page! | Amy Seeks New Treats
- Marks & Spencer Dark Chocolate with Grapefruit & Pink Peppercorns | This review from Kev popped up this week and the title alone meant I had to go and have a read. There’s a bunch of us that just find ourselves drawn to the bizarre sounding products, right? Check it out at the link! | Kev’s Snack Reviews
- Jelly Donut Oreos | I love the notion of a Jam Doughnut in biscuit form, so when I saw that Nabisco were releasing a Jelly Donut Oreo I was pretty interested – but I’ll never actually get to know what they’re like. Thankfully, Junk Banter fills the knowledge gap with their characteristic review style. | Junk Banter
- May’s Degustabox – The Picnic Edition | In the mood to look at another subscription box? Head on over to Laura’s lovely lifestyle blog and have a nosey! Degustabox can offer quite a varied selection in their monthly deliveries. | A Daisy Chain Dream
- Polish Food in Bristol | Want to know what zapiekanka is? Head over to Gingey Bites newly revamped blog for some sandwich education! | Gingey Bites
- Fried Laksa & Stories from Penang, Malaysia | Now, it’s not often I feature two things from the same blog in the same week. I try to avoid it, actually. But then Gingey Bites posted two great little posts and I just couldn’t choose which one to share! I mean, I tried to choose. I did. But then I thought, ‘sod it’. I love the story behind the meal. I’m sure you will too. | Gingey Bites
- Public Nudity in Germany | If you’re ever wandering through the English Garden in Munich, don’t be surprised if you see some naked sunbathing going on. By the way, have you heard about nude hiking yet? | The Local
- Recycling in Germany | Okay so this can be a pretty confusing topic. It’s been covered by several bloggers before but if you’re in need of a quick refresher, this post should be helpful! | DW
- Wanted Adventure Q&A #3 | As an American living in Germany, Dana gets asked all sorts of different questions asking her to compare lifestyles, cultures and experiences. This is the most recent episode in her Q & A series. Just wait until you find out what the strangest thing she’s seen in Germany is! | Wanted Adventure on YouTube
What’s on Next Week
Don’t forget, June 18th is Father’s Day in the UK!
- Birmingham – BBC Good Food Show Summer | It’s one of the highlights of the BBC Calendar, with the NEC taken over by food loving producers and visitors alike. The Summer event shares the space with BBC Gardeners’ World Live, so if you need a break from the nibbling and shopping, take a wander through some lovely garden displays and see if there’s anything that tickles your fancy for your own green spaces. | BBC Good Food Show Summer | Birmingham NEC | 15th – 18th June | Tickets Required! Click here for prices.
- London – Taste of London | Five days of eating and drinking. Sounds great, yeah? With some well known producers, hands-on experiences and playing host to some fabulous chefs. | Taste of London | Regent’s Park, Outer Circle, NW1 5HA | 14th – 18th June | Tickets Required! Click here for prices.
- Ice Cream Festival | Offering a variety of local & national ice cream shops, selected sweets, fashion, music and entertainment for both big and small visitors. It sounds like an odd mix of things but if anything’s for sure, there will be ice cream! | Ice Cream Festival Munich | Mars Markt, Denisstraße 5, 80335 Munich | 17th & 18th June, 11am – 10pm | Entry Price Unknown
- Stadtgründungsfest | Munich celebrates it’s 859th birthday! Whilst not technically food related, there’s a full programme of events listed at the Muenchen.de website and some foodie info to take a look at. | Stadtgründungsfest | 17th June, 10 am-11pm, 18th June, 10am – 9pm | Free Entry