Grab a drink, put your feet up and have a leisurely read through my Sunday Catch Up post.
The ‘Special Mentions’ collection this week includes more than just Germany related bits – though if you want to know what a waschbär is, do check out the video link!
Products & News
- Avocado Prices Rise | I’m an avocado lover and already find them quite expensive here in Germany – Seems that’s only going to get worse! | BBC News
- New Limited Edition Kettle Chips | I think you either love Goats’ Cheese or hate it, so this next flavour from Kettle will be a bit of a marmite test. Goats’ Cheese and Balsamic Onion sounds pretty amazing to me though in theory. I wonder how those flavours will work in practice? | Food Bev
- Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free ‘Ice Cream’ Bars | I know a few people that are unable to eat certain things, from lactose intolerance on the more common end to peach allergies at the other! These new bars from Miiro come in three different flavours and look like a ‘free from’ range of Magnums. They’re gonna be hard to find to start with but it’s always worth keeping an eye out! | Food Bev
- Stilton Mini Cheddars? | How cheesey do you like your snack packs of cheese flavour crackers? Would a Smoked Applewood be up your street? Or you would you, like me, create a stack of Red Leicester crackers sandwiched with Red Leicester cheese alongside a Cheddar cheese and cracker combo? Well whatever way you like to munch them, Jacobs are extending their range! Talking Retail
- Banana’n’Vanilla Collective Yogurt | Now this says ‘for kids’ on the packaging but like me, Nibs quite rightly isn’t bothered. I’m also one of those people that will eat a Raisin & Biscuit Yorkie despite it not being for girls! See how this addition to the Collective range fares on a taste test! | Nibbles’n’Scribbles
- Hershey’s Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate | Whilst this chocolate bar is an American release only, I like all the theoretical components. Cherries, cheesecake and chocolate. It’s a fun review – hop on over for a read! | The Impulsive Buy
- Finzels Reach Street Food Market in Bristol | Gingey Bites is back from her Australia-Plus adventure and, as luck would have it, there’s a new Street Food Market in town! There’s something fun about having such a selection of dishes on offer, it can be hard to know where to start! Hint: There’s a rather amazing looking pie in her review. | Gingey Bites
- Funny Animal Names in German | I think the title says it all… It’s a short video and definitely worth three minutes of your time. Take a look! | DW.com
- Lotus Biscoff Flapjacks | If you’re a regular here, you’ll know I often feature Amy Seeks in the ‘Reviews’ section of my weekly round up posts. This week though, she posted something a little bit different. A recipe for Lotus Biscoff Flapjacks! Just take one look at the picture and you know they’re gonna be all gooey, sugary, oaty and delicious. | Amy Seeks New Treats
- The Plague Village | As I’m taking a departure from the norm with my Special Mentions anyway, I wanted to include this fascinating read from Emma at A Bavarian Sojourn. I’ll be heading back to the UK at some point this year and I’m on the lookout for new places to visit (as getting out of the place I have to go “home” to is the only way I’ll cope!) – I’ve not explored much of Derbyshire and had no idea this English village existed. Make sure to stop and have a read. | The Sojourn Series
What’s on Next Week
It’s the Eurovision Song Contest! Arm yourself with snacks and settle in for some awful and awesome music on the 9th, 11th & 13th May. It’s then Mother’s Day in Germany on the 14th May.
- Bristol – Foodies Festival | Feast on Street Food and learn to bake in the Cake and Bake Theatre. Enjoy afternoon tea in the Vintage Tea Tent then head off to shop with local producers in the Artisan Market. |Foodies Festival | Durdham Downs, Stoke Rd, Bristol, BS9 1FG | Friday 12th May, 11am – 7pm | Saturday 13th May, 11am – 7pm & Sunday 14th May, 11am – 6pm | Tickets start at £11 per person. Check the website for details.
- Ludlow – Spring Festival | Advertised as “Beer, Bangers, Bread & Classic Cars. Like a Beer Festival but Better.” Featuring over 180 real ales, live music, 60+ local food and drink producers and 180 classic cars | Ludlow Spring Festival | 12th May 5pm – 9pm, 13th May 10am – 9pm & 14th May 10am – 5pm | Tickets Required – Various Prices
Transport Disruption Notice: From the evening of the 12th May until early morning on the 15th May, the S-Bahn trains will not be running through the main tunnel at Munich.
From 12 to 15.5. The S-Bahn route between Ostbahnhof and Pasing is completely blocked because of maintenance work. In order to reduce the timetable constraints for the S-Bahn passengers, the railway plans two annual construction weekends on the S-Bahn-Stammstrecke. | Muenchen.de
Find all timetable information at the Deutsche Bahn website | S-Bahn-Muenchen.de
- Erding – Street Food Park | Featuring live music and entertainment, along with street food vendors supplying burgers, pizza, paella and vegan dishes. Beer comes from Hacker Pschorr Munich (one of my personal favourites!). There’ll also be a children’s area with carousel & bouncy castle. | Street Food Park Erding | Erding Volksfestplatz | 13th & 14th May, 11am – 9pm | Free Entry | Facebook Event Listing