Sit back and relax with a collection of this weeks foodie news, reviews and special mentions! Don’t forget to check event listings for next week at the bottom of the post!
In a week that’s included the start of Brexit, Trump scrapping climate policies and US internet privacy laws and a cyclone in Australia, I’m swearing off traditional news websites and focusing on my collection of food news sources. I’d love to have more to read, so if you’ve got a favourite – please share!
Products & News
- New £1 Coin | Alright, technically this isn’t a food… but as we use coins to BUY food, I’m saying it counts. Shhhhhhh. So the UK has a new £1 coin. It’s got angles! Have you had one in your change yet? I’m not a fan of the new plastic £5 notes but I can’t see how they could go wrong with a coin. | The Royal Mint
- Pyramid Coffee Bags | My first thought was this product would be fantastic for the workplace. If you’ve not enough time to make a proper cup of coffee (or perhaps not the equipment) but don’t like instant coffee – this might be the solution for you! I’d definitely be up for trying them. Let me know in the comments if you’ve given these a go and if they’re worth buying! | FoodBev
- New Food Mashup | It’s a Croll. No really. I’m not clearing my throat. It’s a croissant roll… that’s only similar to a croissant but shaped like a roll. Perhaps I’m the only one but I’m not feeling inspired by any of these mashup trends… not since the Duffin. Because doughnuts. Muffins. Yes, winner! | BakeryInfo
- Almond Milk Baileys | Baileys Almande is described “as ‘a naturally light-tasting spirit’ with nutty flavours emanating from the almond milk, and additional hints of vanilla”. Downside? It’s currently only planned for North America! | FoodBev
- Sweet Freedom Choc Pot | It can be quite hard to find a healthy-ish spread, something a little bit different that you’d want to put on a piece of toast. How does this Sweet Freedom chocolate spread fare? Have a read at the link! | Kev’s Snack Reviews
- Japanese Sake KitKat | I’m sure I’m not the only one that loves checking out foreign KitKat variants. If I ever visit, I’m sure I’ll need a suitcase just for the snacks I’ll score. I’m not sure if this one would be on my wishlist though -Have a read of Lot-0-Choc’s description and see what you think! | Lot-o-Choc
- Marks & Spencer Spiced Carrot Muffins | And they come with a cream cheese frosting centre! All together now… “Oooooooooooooo” | Amy Seeks New Treats
- Oh, America | Cerealously has been fascinating me this week with some ‘interesting’ product innovation and consumer interaction from America | Like This Cereal? – a Facebook inspired shelf button! | Love your cereal? Wear it on your lips! I’m in love with my Burt’s Bees but were I in the market to taste like breakfast all day, I’d be a Cinnamon Toast Crunch kinda girl.
- Rome | Kaffee und Kuchen is killing me again this week with her Rome orientated posts. Check out her top gelaterias if you want to get rather jealous and really really crave a cool, creamy gelato fix. I’ve had nice gelato elsewhere but nothing comes close to Rome! | Kaffee Und Kuchen
- Gingey Bites | If you lurk about on my Twitter, it probably comes as no surprise that I’m a fan of this lovely blogger. She’s been away from Bristol for a bit, exploring some awesome places and posting about her stomach-growl-inducing foodie adventures. This week there’s been a bunch of posts that I’m utterly loving. Dig in! | Melbourne’s Best Burgers | Cat & Mouse | The Cutest Coffee Art | Bao Of Dreams
What’s on Next Week
- The London Coffee Festival | “The festival will feature over 250 artisan coffee and gourmet food stalls, tastings and demonstrations from world-class baristas, interactive workshops, street food, coffee-based cocktails, live music, DJs, art exhibitions and so much more.” | The London Coffee Festival | 15 Hanbury Street, The Old Truman Brewery, London E1 6QR | Friday 7th April: 4pm – 8pm, Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th: Brunch session, 10:00am-1:00pm – Lunch session, 1:00pm-4:00pm – Teatime session, 4:00pm-7:00pm | Tickets start at £16.50 online but £22.50 on the door! Get your tickets (and see what they include) here!
- Ramsbottom Chocolate Festival | Not far from Manchester sits a little places called Ramsbottom and every year, just before Easter, streets are closed and filled with stalls selling all sorts of chocolate related goodies. This year promises to be bigger than ever and there’s an added bonus – Visit on Sunday and you’ll also get the monthly Farmers Market! | Ramsbottom Chocolate Festival | Saturday 8th: 10am – 5pm, Sunday 9th: 10am – 4pm | Free Entry, Park & Ride Service £2
- Streetfood Friday | Held on the first Friday of every month and serving anything from burgers to crêpes, coffee to Ethiopean and Flammkuchen to Korean. The list of attendees can change right up until the event, so make sure to check back with their social media pages for info! | Website | Facebook | Münchner Merkur, Paul-Heyse-Straße 2-4, 80336 Munich | 7th April, 5:00 pm – 11:30 p.m. | Free Entry
- Hallbergmoos – Street Food Festival | I can’t give you much information on this one, other than to have a look yourself! Their poster lists a food range that includes burgers, curry, smoothies, crepes, Japanese and donuts! There’s also free entry and parking, heatable tents and on the Sunday will include an Easter Market and Flea Market | Website | Facebook Group | Facebook Event Listing | Hausler-Hof Garchinger Weg 72, 85399 Hallbergmoos | Saturday 8th: 11:00 am – 11 pm, Sunday 9th 11:00 am – 7:00pm | Free Entry