Sit back, relax – and dig in to this week’s food news, snack reviews and special mentions!
Products & News
- Lidl Tops Waitrose | Lidl is now the UK’s seventh biggest grocer, increasing its market share to edge my beloved Waitrose down the list. The two supermarkets are very different beats and Lidl isn’t a place I’d shop in the UK – Do you? I’d love to know why you use it! | BBC.com
- Belvita Soft Bakes | Now, stop me if I’m wrong here… (and I don’t think I am) but don’t these look like Nutrigrain bars to you? Is Mondelez actually coming up with any new products recently? | Bakery Info
- New Week, New Food Related Health Scare | This time it’s imported pork infecting people with Hepatitis E. | Food Manufacture | Independent
- Haribo Scaremix Returns | With toffee apple eggs… uh, eyeballs? The blood orange bottle sounds good though! | Talking Retail
- Strawberry Drizzle Border Biscuits | These new Strawberry Drizzle Melts will be available in selected Sainsbury’s across Scotland, so fingers crossed they’ll make their way to shops across the border soon! | Food Bev
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Bats | Get ready to book yourself a flight to America with an empty suitcase! Halloween edition Peanut Butter bats are heading to Target… | Popsugar
- Ritter Sport Honey Salt Almonds | Now it’s probably no secret that I’m a bit of a Ritter Sport fan, so it’s pretty interesting to see another perspective on the chocolate brand – especially when this is the first bar they’ve tried! Head over to Amy’s blog to see what a Ritter-newbie thought! | Amy Seeks New Treats
- Haribo Squidgy Babies | New to the UK market, these are a revamped verison of the little fruity babies commonly found in the Super Mix bags. Any good? You know what to do! | A Review A Day
- Quaker Oats Porridge To Go | Being pretty new to the UK market, I’ve not yet had a chance to try these new Quaker Oats bars. I love porridge oats, particularly in the wintery part of the year – and would often have Stoats bars hidden away in my drawer at work. (Apple & Cinnamon flavour, of course!) I wonder whether these will compete? | Foodstuff Finds
- Cookies & Scream M&M’s | Halloween editions of things just appeal to me. They don’t necessarily have to do much other than be a different shape or colour – I’m pretty easy to sell to, let’s be honest. Does the thought of Oreo M&m’s appeal to you? Want to know whether you should be hunting down this seasonal American release? Well… | Junk Banter
- 10 Potential Reasons Why Your German Job Application Fails | Applying for a job, at the best of times, is a difficult process. Doing it in another country with a whole range of different expectations? Minefield! Let Live Work Germany give you a heads up on the good to know bits about finding work in Germany. | Live Work Germany
- The Official 2017 Oktoberfest Masskrug | Each year, a fresh design for the handmade beer mug! The huge annual beer festival starts in just 20 days… So will you be getting one of these? | Muenchen.de
- Grocery Wars: Lidl Britain – The Guardian’s View | An opinion piece on the rise of Lidl, hitting the net in a timely fashion after news of the chain rising above Waitrose in the ‘grocery league’ | The Guardian
- Heidelberg at Night | I loved my visit to Heidelberg – but if you’re looking for more pictorial inspiration to encourage you to visit, don’t miss this great post from Jordan. | Wayfaring with Wagner
- Spotted on Shelves | A variety of new American releases! | The Impulsive Buy
- Pumpkin Everything | Including Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream! | The Impulsive Buy
- Pumpkin Spice Wafers | I know I’ve listed the Pumpkin Spice ones here, but the Apple Crisp variety sound even better! | Instagram @ JunkFoodMom
- Twix Ghost | Eeeeeee! or should that be… WooooOOOOoooOOO | Instagram @ FoodNewsUSA
- Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts | I really shouldn’t want to try this… and yet… | Instagram @ SnackStalker
- Starburst Halloween Mix | Batty Blackberry? I’m sold! | Instagram @ SnackCellar
And that’s it for this week! Have you found anything online you’d like to share? Seen something I might have missed? Then drop a comment in the box below!
Hope you all have a lovely week and I’ll see you – same time, same place – next Sunday for more!