Welcome to the weekly Sunday Catch Up!
Products & News
- Christmas NPD | You guys almost got that title entirely in caps. See, I DO have some control! Hah. Bakery Info is giving us a look ahead at some of the festive goodies you can expect in British stores this festive season… Though there’s no picture on this one, Waitrose will be offering a Black Forest Panettone from Heston and I want it! | Bakery Info
- Butterkist Bought Out | KP Snacks are now the owners of Butterkist popcorn… I wonder what way they’ll be taking the brand, following the rise of popular and inventive popcorn manufacturers offering something a little more ‘present day’. I like a little bit of Butterkist, but tend to view it as a slightly retro treat. | Food Manufacture
- Goodness Knows | Can you believe this is the first brand line Mars has released in 20 years? Nothing new since Celebrations launched… And I felt like I remembered a time before Celebrations existed. And then I realised just how old I actually am. Ooops. I’d love to get a look at the ingredients list on these… | Bakery and Snacks
- Jacob’s Oddities Are No More | If you’re a fan of these little crackers, you’d best buy them whilst you can! | Just Food
- Coconut Water Soda | Made with 99.5% coconut water, these ‘cream soda’-esque drinks also suit rum, gin and vodka as a mixer! | FoodBev
- Krispy Kreme New York Cheesecake Doughnut | Amy’s been doing a solid week of doughnut reviews and this is the one I’ve most been wanting to try. Unlike Amy, I’m a total lover of the original New York incarnation of cheesecake and this looks pretty good… Your thoughts? | Amy Seeks New Treats
- Dessert Flavour Cables | When I get back to the land with Asda, these are absolutely hitting my basket. Those Lemon Meringue and Rhubarb ‘n’ Custard need to be tried! | A Review a Day
- Goupie | Lemon Meringue and Date & Walnut Goupie. What’s a Goupie? Well, it’s a little hard to say… but you can almost guarantee I’m anywhere there’s Lemon Meringue involved! Take a look at Kev’s lovely little review! | Kev’s Snack Reviews
- Ritter Sport Espresso | This is a mini Instagram review from the lovely @ancarolinageats – her feed is full of lovely chocolatey, snack filled images and the gorgeous breakfast fruit platters? Don’t get me started. So delicious! Head over and have a look at this coffee flavoured German chocolate bar… | Carolina on Instagram
- Google Autocomplete Suggestion Fails | I’m not sure you need much more encouragement than the title… | Oh God My Wife Is German
- What do Germans miss when they’re abroad? | Can you guess what it might be? Hint: it’s not sausage! “The only way to find out what you actually miss is by going away.” Very wise… So what would you miss if you left your home country? Or what would you miss about Germany yourself? | DW
- William and Kate Try Pretzel Making | Now this may or may not be up your street, but it gave me a good giggle! Nothing can beat a lovely Bavarian pretzel as a beer snack, by the way… | BBC
- The Story of the Umlaut | A whiteboard drawn video on the development and inclusion of the Umlaut in Germanic languages. It’s not long, rather enjoyable and pretty interesting. At least, I think so… | Mental Floss
Anything you’ve found this week you think should be mentioned? Pop it in the comments below!