It’s that time of the week again! Get click happy with my weekly Sunday Catch Up post.
With there being a Bank Holiday Monday in the mix, things have felt pretty quiet on the food front this week. Have a nosey at what I’ve found below!
Products & News
- Caramel M&M’s | Sorry European snack lovers, these are an American release! I’m looking forward to seeing a review on them, even though they’ll currently be beyond my grasp. Will it be a hard caramel? Soft? Is it just a Poppet in M&M clothing? So many questions! | Candy Hunting
- Mars Protein Powder | This is a bit of an unusual one… but Mars, the makers of Mars Bars are heading out into the Protein Supplement market! Their 100% Why Protein Powder contains 24g of protein and below 200 kcals per portion. Is this something that interests you? Would you give up your usual Protein fix for Mars? | Convenience Store
- Artificial Sweeteners Linked to Stroke | “Drinking a can of diet soft drink a day associated with almost three times higher risk, say researchers – but critics warn against causal connection” | The Guardian
- Ketchup Pringles | These are my absolute favourite Pringles flavour… I’ve not seen them in the UK but here in Germany they’re a welcome break from Paprika, Paprika, Sweet Paprika or… other Paprika. They’re good! I think they’re sweet, sharp, tangy and once you pop, it’s pretty hard to stop. | Junk Food Guy
- Purple Sweet Potato Japanese KitKat | I’m gonna be honest, I won’t be turning down any opportunity to read a KatKat review, especially one for something I’ve not eaten myself. Purple Sweet Potato? Alright then! | Lot-O-Choc
- McVities Mini Penguins | Mini bags are a great way to build extra treaty snack things into your day without going overboard and completely screwing up the intended portion sizes. I like the look of this new mini chocolatey penguin biscuit range. Take a look at Amy’s review! | Amy Seeks New Treats
- Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino | I just… I know I like trying new things but I do have some limits. This doesn’t sound good and the shade of pink is quite frankly, terrifying. Find out what Junk Banter actually thought of it at the link! | Junk Banter
- German Cuisine | Do you think you know plenty about eating in Germany? Take a look at this guest post from Christie Dietz of A Sausage Has Two and see if anything in the list surprises you! | Live Work Germany
- German Beer | Not content with loading you up on German food, this guest post from James Meads of Live Work Germany will help you get to know German beers! In England I really don’t like the taste of beer, here in Bavaria though? There’s something wonderfully refreshing about a Radler on a hot day. What’s a Radler? Well it’s a Helles shandy… What’s a Helles? Have a look! | A Sausage Has Two
What’s on Next Week
- Brighton | The Foodies Festival is back in Brighton for 2017! Enjoy a day of shopping for goodies, munching and drinking – and if you fancy it, there’s demonstrations too! | Foodies Festival Brighton | Brighton Hove Lawns, Kingsway Road, Brighton BN3 2WN | 29th & 30th April, 11am – 7pm and 1st May 11am – 6pm | Tickets From £14
- Exeter | This is an outdoor event taking place in the centre of Exeter across 2 sites: Northernhay Gardens and Exeter Castle. There’s a variety of things on offer, including After Dark Party events. Check the website for more details! | Exeter Festival of South West Food & Drink | 29th & 30th April, 10am – 6pm and 1st May, 10am – 5pm | Festival Day Tickets – Saturday £8, Sunday & Monday £6.
- Auer Dult | Not strictly a food festival but this is the first of three such markets that pop up here throughout the year. With around 300 stalls, you’ll find things from traditional wares and household goods to handmade soaps and modern kitchen equipment… and of course, you’ll find food and drink available too. | Auer Dult | Mariahilfplatz, Munich | 29th April – 7th May 2017 | Free Entry