Stuff! Things! News! Other things! … Ohhhh yes, it’s the weekly collection of bits I’ve been reading on the internet this week!
Products & News
- The New Zealand Chipocalypse | Oh how American this headline sounds, but if you’re in New Zealand you’ll be struggling to get certain potato related goods. Including crisps. Which, in UK terms is a ‘crispocalypse’. Say that three times quickly whilst drunk! | BBC News
- Organic, Free From Vegan Biscuits at Costa | So if you’re in the UK and you’re looking for a sweet snack to go with your coffee, Costa will now be stocking some Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Organic biscuits brand “Tea Biscuits” from Rhythm108. | Bakery Info
- Fipronil in German Bakery Products | That egg scandal just keeps on rolling… this time, it looks like German bureaucracy isn’t able to react quickly and transparently to issues. Who’d have thunk it? | Bakery and Snacks
- Vegan Avocado Chocolate Bar | I love avocado in all it’s gorgeous, green and creamy glory. Smashed up with bacon on wholemeal granary bread? That’s hangover banishment fodder! Created by a member of the Cadbury family… does this tickle your fancy? | Metro
- Mondelez Moves Cadbury Production From New Zealand | Well, I can’t say I know which iconic New Zealand based chocolate this is going to affect but… it can’t be good, right? Does anyone have a clue as to which products Mondelez must be scrapping with this move? | Food Bev
- Snickers Espresso, Salty & Sweet and Fiery | These Snickers are going to be an American release… in JUNE 2018! But some lucky bloggers got their hands on them first and Junk Banter gives us a great first look at these new bars. I have to say… Snickers Espresso? Can we start a campaign to get these released in the UK too? By that I mean we have to start a campaign to get these released in the UK too. | Junk Banter
- Maple Mini Bagels | From the New York Bakery Co. these Maple Mini Bagels look sweet (har har) but why should you read the review? Well you’ve got to check out the Halloweeney serving suggestions! (Note: I very much want to try these toasted with Pumpkin soup!) | Grocery Gems
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Chocolate | Oh my word, this sounds amazing. I’m a proper Pumpkin Spice lover and hope (fingers crossed) this coffee infused white chocolate bar will be back on the shelves next year. Just take a look at the gorgeousness of the packaging too! Lush (and British to boot!). | New Treats
- Dolce Twenty Box | You know me, I like a box full of mystery and Pick & Mix is basically my ideal sweetie selection. I love variety and adore foodie surprises… so take a little look at this gourmet box of sweetly snackable treats – this one even includes Peanut Butter Fudge! | Maverick Baking
- Bettys Christmas Stuff | Get ready to go “awwww, how cute” over chocolate! No, seriously. I dare you not to… there’s Harry the Hedgehog (here), Freddie the Fox (here) and the cutest Owl Chocolate Cake (here). So which would you buy and then feel guilty over munching?
- 13 Best Pizzas in the UK | This National Pizza Awards list is very London-centric – but is that surprising? Is there anything on this list you’ve tried and would rate? Of the listed places I’ve tried Pizza Pilgrims (but wasn’t all that impressed!) but I think I’ll have to add the Fountain & Ink pizza to my “must try” list! Note: There’s not a pineapple in sight! | Telegraph